第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Office
在2020年5月，美国将采取措施.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights issued new rules on how schools must implement 第九条. Find a summary of the new rules and key takeaways of Xavier's response.
在这段时间, it is very important that we practice the promotion of social distancing and rely on the advice of health experts. Thus, 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Office employees are working remotely at times. We are available to meet in-person, by Zoom, or by phone. Please contact 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Coordinator 凯特·劳森 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 745-3046 to schedule a time to connect.
知识. 问责制. 护理.
第九条 is the federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on sex in all federally funded education programs and activities. 根据第九条的规定, 泽维尔大学 does not discriminate based on sex in any education or activity, 包括入学及就业. 性别歧视包括性骚扰, 性侵犯, 约会暴力, 家庭暴力, 跟踪, harassment or discrimination based on pregnancy, 育儿, 性取向和/或性别认同. 泽维尔大学 does not tolerate sex discrimination. If a student or employee believes they have experienced sex discrimination or has questions about 第九条, please contact Xavier’s 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Coordinator 凯特·劳森 at 332B Gallagher Student Center, 3800年胜利百汇, 辛辛那提, OH 45207, 513-745-3046, email@example.com or the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at U.S. 部门. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 400 Maryland Ave.华盛顿特区20202,800-421-3481， OCR@ed.政府. For free, 保密 advocacy and support, contact Xavier’s 宣传 & 预防协调员 at 513-904-9013.
The 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Office leads Xavier's efforts to prevent and address sex discrimination,包括 all forms of TItle IX Sexual Harassment and Interpersonal Violence. Our mission is a safe environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors at Xavier.
Xavier's 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence policies:
- 禁止 all forms of sex discrimination (including sexual harassment, 性暴力, 约会暴力, 家庭暴力, 跟踪, and retaliation against individuals reporting sex discrimination) and discrimination, harassment or violence based on a person's sex, 性别认同, 或性取向.
- 保护 students, employees, and visitors of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
- 需要 泽维尔要有提示, equitable resolution process in place to address sex discrimination complaints, 其中包括一个 reliable, impartial, and adequate investigation 泽维尔第九条办公室.
- 保护 怀孕和为人父母的学生. More about Academic Success of Pregnant and Parenting Students.
- 需要 that members of both genders have equal opportunities to participate in sports and receive the benefits of competitive sports. 更多关于性别平等.
不需要提交警方报告 for Xavier to investigate and determine whether a violation of its policies has occurred. Xavier must and will respond to sex discrimination complaints under its own policies regardless of whether a student makes a police report and/or whether a criminal investigation is proceeding.
泽维尔的政策 关于性别歧视，可以在 泽维尔学生手册 (applies when a student is accused of engaging in sex discrimination) and the Harassment Code and 问责制 Procedures (HCAP) (applies when an employee is accused of engaging in sex discrimination). These policies describe in detail the investigation and complaint resolution process for sex discrimination complaints at Xavier. Some forms of sex discrimination may also violate Ohio law. Definitions of these crimes as well as how Ohio law defines consent can be found in 学生手册第一节.6.5.
泽维尔的学生和员工都有权利 在泽维尔的性别歧视政策下. A full description of these rights is available in the Student Handook and the HCAP.
泽维尔的学生和员工有很多 报告和支持选项,包括 保密 resources if the individual is not yet sure what they want to do. A Xavier student has the right to report to the 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Office and/or law enforcement (泽维尔大学警察局 和/或当地警察局).
泽维尔地址 学生的安全, 住房, 学术, 就业, 咨询, immigration and other potential needs regardless of whether the individual engaging in sex discrimination against the student in a Xavier community member and regardless of whether the student files an official report with law enforcement and/or the 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Office. Information on the many interim and supportive measures Xavier may implement students and employees impacted by sex discrimination may be found in the Student Handbook and HCAP.
Xavier鼓励所有社区成员 to educate themselves on how to recognize sex discrimination and provides campus-wide education to students, faculty and staff on engaging safely and effectively as a bystander.
所有问题和关切 regarding 第九条 and sex discrimination may be directed to Xavier's 第九条 Interpersonal Violence Response Office staff:
- 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Coordinator: 凯特·劳森-(513)745-3046,firstname.lastname@example.org，加拉格尔学生中心332B
- 第九条 and Interpersonal Violence Response Program Director: Talia Tuesta—(513)745-2841， email@example.com, 加拉格尔学生中心，332C
- 体育运动第九条副协调员: Susan Cross Lipnickey-- (513) 745-2855, firstname.lastname@example.org,体育部门
美国.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights enforces 第九条. 询问应直接向 克利夫兰民权办公室.